Graduate Student Assistant in Graduate Admissions
- Providing information at undergraduate college fairs - Some weekends, I attended an open house style event for incoming Pitt first-years, potential applicants, and transfer students. I explained our school's academic offerings, admission requirements, and the benefits of our programs compared to others. I connected students who were interested in teaching and other programs with relevant resources.
- Planning large admission events - I assisted with the planning and implementation of events like Open House, a general welcome ceremony for interested applicants, and Panther Preview Days, a weekend visitor's program where Higher Education MEd applicants stayed with current students, shadowed jobs and classes, and did placement interviews for local internships.
- Creating informative materials - I created web and print materials which explain application processes, financial aid, academic offerings, professional development opportunities, Pittsburgh activities, and student services at Pitt SOE.
- Creating advertising materials - I also created graphic-heavy web materials to advertise admissions events, information sessions, professional development seminars, and various other events.
- Benchmarking peer institutions - I benchmarked social media sites and webpages of similar universities in order to note best practices which the School of Education could incorporate into their social media plan. I also made a report about these updates which were incorporated into the overall social media plan.
- Performing data analysis and visualization - I looked at trends in application data such as which programs were receiving the most applicants, online advertising click sources, race and geographic background of applicants, and application vs. acceptance timelines. I visualized data into presentations and made suggestions for improvement.
- Completing administrative tasks - I ensured that physical and digital records were kept in order.